May 12, 2013

Caterpillar, cocoon or butterfly?


"A man, if you would call him that, who God himself has turned his back upon!"

The Butterfly Circus

First of all, I want to make clear that I am agnostic. Despite this fact, that sentece caught my attention and left me overwhemed for almost a day.
I think we all have been on Will's spot at least once in our lives. I have experienced the anguish of wondering if I liked the person I was, and doubting the answer being "yes". Furthermore, a voice in my head sometimes just woke up to say "Who the hell are you?", and no one would respond because nobody knew. I found myself on situations where frustration was everything I could feel because I couldn't accept that I had limits. I wanted to be perfect and suffered whenever something proved I was not even close to the name of my blog.
I started to be happy as soon as I stopped. Instead of focusing my ambition on impossible goals, I went through four years of self-consciousness to discover the person I was living with everyday and the limits that person had, and when I was able to make that person me, I smiled honestly for the first time. I did not have to try to be perfect anymore because I already was it, with defects and all.
Imperfectly perfect.
That was the step between the caterpillar and the butterfly, I think. The cocoon were those four tough years, and today I'm a butterfly amongst hundreds of caterpillars unaware of their natures. That's why they see me as a praying mantis. They can't understand me because they haven't got to where I am yet.
Nowadays, I will just stick to three words full of feelings that I had the pleasure to hear during the video: "You are magnificent."
If everyone really knew this is true to almost all of us...

No comments:

Post a Comment