May 17, 2015

Firefly

   The sound of the guitar and his voice flooded the small room. Either he had lied or his perception of his own voice was as wrong as pink water and green clouds could be. His chanting was delightful, although there was indeed some insecurity showing here and there; he really believed his singing was not angel-alike. How could he? How did he dare?
   I shyly joined the chorus, causing a bigger hesitation from him that immediately stopped. The song continued to be sung, our voices entangling with an intimacy not even bodies had ever experienced. My eyes got accidentally caught on his, and neither of us was able to look away. I honestly can't remember what happened with the guitar and the lyrics we were singing. I can't even remember anything else beyond his deep, green eyes…
   I can't remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment